CHEAT SHEET: WHAT IS GUMBI GUMBI?
Aboriginal peoples have a long history of living off the land through the harvest of their bush foods/Traditional Bush Tucker. Like many other cultures, all have traditions of harvesting edible wild plants. With the recent resurgence of interest in Gumbi Gumbi (Pittosporum angustifolium) Traditional Bush Tucker, more people recognise the full range of applications edible wild plants like this have when harvested and appropriately handled.
GUMBI GUMBI IS NOT A DRUG IT IS SIMPLY AN AUSTRALIAN BOTANICAL SUPERFOOD.
We created our products to be so powerful and beneficial that now people everywhere are talking about the benefits of Gumbi Gumbi.
Harvesting and treating the trees with respect and selective pruning with gentle harvesting practices, ensure our trees are sustainable for future generations using our cultural heritage techniques, this provides the Health and protection of the wild trees. We naturally cool-dry our leaves, keeping their efficacy, retaining the highest levels of natural traditional food benefits, ensuring vital nutrition.
We are a company highly respected in the industry and aim to maintain this reputation at all times, 100% Indigenous Owned 🖤💛❤️
When you make an active choice to use our products, you are making an intentional decision to choose a nutritionally, environmentally and socially responsible alternative, a Traditional Bush Tucker.
Gumbi Gumbi benefits
As traditional Bush-Tucker that the Aborigines have used for thousands of years, Gumbi Gumbi really is pure, simple wholesomeness🍃
Finding Gumbi Gumbi in Australia
- Indigenous people of Australia have used the native tree (Pittosporum angustifolium) as traditional bush tucker for centuries. These trees can live up to 100 years, grow to around 7 to 8 metres.
- They are also incredibly resilient, surviving frost and drought conditions where rainfall is below 150 mm per year.
- There are many variations and to avoid confusion the following names also refer to the same Australian Native Plant:-
- Pittosporum angustifolium, Pittosporum phylliraeoides.
- Other names for this plant include Native apricot, Cumbi Cumbi, Gumpi Gumpi, Cumpii Cumpii, Weeping pittosporum, Meemeei, Cattle Bush, Bitter bush, Butter Bush and Berrigan, Gumby Gumby.
Gumbi Leaf Power is an 100% Australian Indigenous Family Owned Business 🖤💛❤️ all our products are Handmade with LOVE, they are 100% Natural, Organic and Plant Based. Make this plant a part of your daily health routine. These products are pure, natural and affordable. We have created them, with 100% traditional bush tucker that’s packed full of features, making it great for several applications.
Your Health is essential.
"For the indigenous population, the results confirm what they have known for generations - that bush tucker is good for you." (Australian Broadcasting Corporation 05 Sept 2009)"
- For more information about our Products please phone Cameron or Maree 0447 497 651